The Film… Fly… Experience Australia - Australia Future Unlimited Schools Video Competition (the ‘Competition’) is organised and run by the Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) India in association with HDFC CREDiLA (HDFC). The Competition is generously sponsored by Qantas, Iglu, Allianz Global Assistance, Macquarie University, Southern Cross University, RMIT, University of Queensland and University of South Australia.
The Competition is by invitation only and is open to students studying full time at schools across India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka in grades 9 to 11 (with a maximum age for participation of 18 years). Students from these schools can enter to win a trip to Australia to participate in a five (5) day study tour to learn more about the student life at one of Australia’s Universities.
Teams must be a pair (2) of students and one supervising teacher. Teams must produce a short video in English on the chosen themes.
The Competition is designed to inspire creativity among the students.
Please note that this is not a prize draw but a video competition about the listed themes. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this Competition.
“Terms” refers to the Terms and Conditions of entry and participation in the Competition. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms.
“Competition” refers to the “Film…Fly…Experience Australia - Australia Future Unlimited Schools Video Competition ”. The Film…Fly…Experience Australia - Australia Future Unlimited Schools Video Competition is a video competition where Entrants will be invited to submit their ideas, thoughts and/or projects on “specified themes” in video format. These “themes” vary as per your country of residence.
“Entrants” refers to India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka citizens who are studying full time at schools in India, Pakistan, Bangladeesh and Sri Lanka respectively, in grades 9 to 11 (with a maximum age for participation of 18 years).
“Entry” refers to the video provided by the Entrant in connection with the Competition.
“Promoter” refers to the Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) (ABN 11 764 698 227), Australian High Commission, 1/50 G, Shanti Path, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi 110021.
“Partner” refers to HDFC CREDiLA and the participating Australian universities.
“Sponsor” refers to Qantas Airways Ltd, Iglu and Allianz Global Assistance.
“Study Tour” refers to the program of activities in Australia delivered by Partner members for winning Entrants.
“Winners” refers to those Entrants who win the Competition and Prize and their accompanying teacher.
The Competition will commence on Thursday, 14 December 2017 (GMT+5.5) and end on Monday, 5 March 2018 at 11.59 pm (India: GMT+5.5, Pakistan: GMT+5, Bangladesh: GMT+7, Sri Lanka: GMT+5.5). Austrade runs the official clock for the Competition and will solely determine the time by which an entry is received.
Dates for this competition will be based on the below schedule:
|Thursday, 14 December 2017
||South Asia Competition launch and competition opens
||Know more about the competition and register your team by clicking on this URL https://www.filmflyaustralia.org/register/
|Monday, 5th March 2018
||Late submissions will not be accepted
|Monday, 5th March 2018 - Thursday, 15 March 2018
|Thursday, 5th April 2018
||Formal notification of winners
||Via email to the schools and on the competition website https://www.filmflyaustralia.org/
||One week Competition Study Tour to Australia
||In coordination with Universities and Sponsors
- Entry into the competition gives eligible Entrants a chance to win a Study Tour to Australia for 5 days including return economy flights arranged by Qantas to Australia, the cost of travel insurance and visas, accommodation, and meals. Prizes will be issued to the nine (9) winning pairs of students and their accompaniying teacher.
Conditions of the Prizes
The following restrictions apply to the Prizes:
- The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Prizes must be redeemed in a 2-week window in May 2018.
- The dates for the prizes to be redeemed will be decided by the Australian Trade & investment Commission.
Entry into the Competition is available as follows:
- Entrants must be India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka citizens who are studying full time at schools in India, Pakistan, Bangladeesh and Sri Lanka respectively, in grades 9 to 11.
- Entrants must have a valid passport.
- Visas will be granted if the necessary paperwork is approved. The promoter will recommend a travel agent for applying the visa, but the Promoter does not guarantee that visas will be granted.
- Maximum age for Entrants is 18 years of age during the Competition period.
- The immediate family members of directors, management, employees and contractors of the Promoter, Partners and Sponsors associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent).
How to Enter
To enter and be eligible to win the Prizes, Entrants must work as a pair (2 students) under the supervision of a teacher from their school, to submit one (1) Entry consisting of a 3-minute video in English.
- Schools must register their interest in participating in the competition by completing the Registration Form and uploading it on the competition website.
- Entries must be submitted by each school by Monday, 5 March 2018 by uploading the video on the website.
- A maximum of twenty (20) entries per school will be accepted. If more than 20 entries are received by the school then the school must determine which 20 entries to submit to the competition.
- Entries must be wholly conceived, written, produced and submitted by Entrants. A signature from the supervising teacher attesting to this will be required in the consent / release form (consent form 1 and consent form 2).
- Discretion to disqualify, edit or otherwise modify material that adversely impacts the image of any of Australia, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh or Sri Lanka and associates lies with Austrade.
Entry thematic guide
The video Entry must address one of the below themes. Entrants are encouraged to research on the themes and create a wimming video in one of the following categories:
||Cyber Security and modern-day threats
||Importance of Environment Awareness
||Learn Analytics: Doing Right, Doing Smart
||The Business of Sustainable Event Tourism in India and the Gold Coast, Australia
||The Business of Sustainable Event Tourism in India and the Gold Coast, Australia
||Agriculture, environmental sustainability, food processing and production, food science, biotech nology and human nutrition
||Foods of the Future: how to feed the world with diminishing resources
||Design a home for the future
Promoter’s Use of Entries
By entering the Competition, Entrants grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable licence (with a right to sub-license to third parties at the Promoter’s sole discretion) to use, reproduce, publish, store, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, broadcast and communicate to the public the Entry in all media. Entrants acknowledge that their entry may be used by the Promoter, the Promoter's related entities, agencies engaged by the Promoter, or any other third party nominated by the Promoter, for the Promoter's current and future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to them. Entrants agree the Promoter may translate any text that forms part of the entry and that their translated text may be used in all media in perpetuity. Entries will be credited to the Entrants.
Entrants acknowledge that:
- The Promoter intends to post a selection of Entries on the website located at https://www.filmflyaustralia.org/ and to promote this through social media and other means. However, the Promoter is under no obligation to post all Entries to that website and makes no representation and provides no guarantee as to when Entries may be posted to that website.
- The Promoter has the right to use Entries of the Winners in any media or in any way it sees fit.
- A judging panel will be convened comprising representatives from the Promoter, the Partners, and the Sponsors. Australian Trade & Investment Commission will provide a shortlist to the judging panel which will determine the Winning Entry against the criteria outlined at this link: https://www.filmflyaustralia.org/
- The teams will be judged with a predetermined marking criteria and copyright infringements will be strictly disqualified.
- The Winners will be notified by email by Thursday, 5th April 2018 and will be announced on the Competition website: https://www.filmflyaustralia.org/
Obligations of the Winners
- The Winner must participate in the Competition Study Tour to Australia hosted and organised by Australian Trade & Investment Commission between 1 May and 31 May 2018.
Winners must adhere to the following requirements whilst in Australia:
- Participate in all programs and activities scheduled as part of the Competition Study Tour;
- Entrants must produce a video about their experience during their Competition Study Tour which will be submitted to the Promoter at the completion of the Tour. These videos will be used for future promotion of study in Australia by the Promoter on the Study-In-Australia website. The Promoter will provide futher details to the Winners. Guidelines for the video production will be also be provided to the Winners before the commencement of the Competition Study Tour;
- Entrants need to submit Competition Study Tour related content on at least three occasions to the Promoter for posting on the Promoter’s social media accounts during their one week Competition Study Tour;
- Comply with the code of conduct/behaviour guidelines to be provided prior to travel;
- The winning students must be accompanied by a teaching staff. The teaching staff hold responsibility of the students during their visit to Australia.
- The Promoter is not responsible for the Competition Study Tour. Winners will be required to sign an agreement with the relevant Partners in relation to the Competition Study Tour. Further information about this will be provided to the Winners.
If requested by the Promoter, Entrants must produce, within the time requested by the Promoter at its absolute discretion, appropriate photo identification (e.g. valid passport) or other documentation, required by the Promoter to verify their identity, age, and eligibility to enter the Competition. If the items required by the Promoter are not received or the potential Entrant’s compliance with the Terms and Conditions of Competition are not verified to the satisfaction of the Promoter within the time period required by the Promoter, the Entrant’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter may determine another Winner based on the next best result from the Entries. Prizes will only be awarded following all validation and verification requirements of the Promoter being met to its satisfaction.
Entry to Australia
- Possess a current passport with six months validity from time of entry to Australia.
- Be able to meet the legislative requirements of a Visitor Visa to Australia (see: www.border.gov.au ).
- Prepare and submit their Visitor Visa application through the travel agent as suggested by the Promoter. The Promoter make arrangements for the visa expenses.
- Be available to visit Australia between 1 May and 31 May 2018 for one week duration.
- Provide their own money for personal expenses for the duration of their stay in Australia.
- Travel insurance will be sponsored by Allianz Global Assistance.
- If family and friends wish to accompany the Winner to Australia, any costs of doing so are entirely at their own expense and all necessary paperwork (e.g. passports, visas, travel insurance) will be the responsibility of the accompanying party.
Consent and Release forms
Entrants must agree to:
- Submit a consent form (consent form 1 and consent form 2) to participate in the Competition;
- The use, retention, editing and promotion of all videos and social media content for an indefinite period as determined by Austrade;
- The reproduction of images and pictures for an indefinite period as determined by Austrade;
- Participation in media interviews during the Competition period as required by the Promoter.
- Entry to the Competition and the take up of the Prizes, including the trip to Australia and all it involves, are entirely at the Entrants’ own risk. Entrants release the Promoter and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, and all others connected with the Competition, the trip to Australia, selection process and the Prizes, from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses, in any way arising out of or in connection with involvement in them, including, without limitation, any and all claims, actions, and liabilities for injury, loss or damage to the Entrant, to anyone else or to any property, except to the extent that such injury, loss or damage was caused by the negligence or misconduct of the Promoter, their nominees or any of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives or employees.
- The Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter and its nominees and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, and all others connected with the Competition and hold them harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, expenses and losses (including, without limitation, legal fees) of any kind or nature whatsoever in any way caused by or arising out of their involvement in the selection process.
- If an Entrant breaches these Terms, the Promoter may block that Entrant from submitting any further entries for the duration of the Competition and the Entrant will be ineligible for the Prizes.
The Promoter reserves the right to:
- vary the Competition Period and any other dates relating to the Competition, and
- alter or amend any of these Terms and Conditions during the competition. The Promoter will post any updates to the competition website - https://www.filmflyaustralia.org/
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Competition period. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times during the Competition Period.
- If, for any reason whatsoever, the Competition, in the opinion of the Promoter, is not capable of being run as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to take any action that may be available to it, including cancelling, terminating, modifying or suspending the Competition.
- Any Entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the Competition’s website or the entry mechanism in any way, engages in any unlawful or improper conduct which jeopardises or is likely to jeopardise the fair or proper conduct of the Competition, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Terms. The Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of the Competition are final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All costs associated or arising in connection with the trip to Australia, the selection process, winner announcement event and the Prizes, other than those detailed above in clause 2, are the responsibility of the Winners and their accompanying teachers. These include but are not limited to transfers to and from the departure airport in the winner’s home country, accommodation, meals, laundry services, telephone calls, spending money, and extra activities.
- For India, the winning teams will have to take international flights from either of these cities - Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore. For Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, the winning teams will have to take international flights from the nearest international airport. The domestic flight fares to reach the international airports will be provided.
- Only economy class of tickets will be sponsored.
Entrants acknowledge that their personal information collected by the Promoter:
- is reasonably necessary for the administration of this Competition and related activities and may be shared with other Australian Government agencies in order to administer the Competition and ensure compliance with Australian law. This information may include the Entrant's first name, family name, email, mobile number, country of origin/nationality, country of residence, age, gender, level of study, Australian visa history, and English proficiency. It may also include confirmation that the Winners have a current passport and can travel to Australia for approximately one week between 1 May and 31 May 2018. By entering the Competition, Entrants agree to the Promoter sharing their personal information with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, and consent to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection providing the Promoter with confirmation of this information.
- may be shared with the Promoter’s Partners and Sponsors for the purposes of administering the Competition.
The Promoter will use and disclose the personal information it collects from Entrants:
- to administer the Competition, including assessing entries and judging the winners.
- to create marketing and advertising campaigns featuring the winners of the Competition.
- to assess the success of the Competition and to plan for future Competitions.
- for purposes related or ancillary to the purposes set out above.
- By submitting an Entry, Entrants agree to be sent information related to the Competition for duration of the Competition.
- Entrants may opt in to receive information about studying in Australia from either the Promoter or from the Promoter’s Partners, which may include special offers and secondary competitions.
- It is the responsibility of the “entrants” to periodically check the updates on competition website.